With Easter around the corner, I was inspired to create something new and fun. I saw on Hometalk that someone had made “carrot” decor using an old sweater. It was adorable, but I wanted to keep my costs to a minimum, so I came up with the idea of using an old T-shirt.
Here is the finished batch of carrots. I love that they turned out kind of lumpy, just like real carrots.
The total cost for this project was $4.99. The T-shirt was $2.99, purchased at a thrift store, and the faux greenery was $2.00, purchased at Michaels. I had all the other items on hand (including the thick batting, which was left over from the ottoman project).
I wasn’t really sure how to start this, so I just began cutting the shirt up wherever there was a seam.
I then kind of figured out the size of the carrots I wanted, and started cutting the fabric in varying triangle shapes. To save time, I hot glued the edges together to get the carrot shape.
Once the glue had dried, I turned the carrots inside out, and stuffed them with the batting. I also cut the batting into triangle shapes to make this step easier.
Once they were all stuffed, I hand sewed up the tops. At about this stage of this step, I added in my greenery, which was secured in place using my needle and thread. I tried to pierce a couple holes in the leaves with the needle as I sewed, so it wouldn’t fall out.
Here’s one of the finished carrots.
Just add them to a cute little basket, and I’m done 🙂
With Easter only two weeks away, this should motivate me to get my Easter decorating underway. Thanks so much for checking out my blog. I’ll be back on Wednesday with a new post. See you then 🙂
If you enjoyed this post, please share on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc. You can also subscribe to my blog to receive an email notification whenever a new post is published.