Happy Sunday Everyone. This is just a quick post to acknowledge the recent Liebster Award nomination I received from Tess from the One Dizzy Bee blog. Thank you so much Tess for nominating me; I’m honoured that you selected my little blog 🙂 I wasn’t initially sure what the Liebster Award was, but I started to research it a little and it seemed like a fun way to promote other new blogs, and for bloggers to widen their community.
What is the Liebster Award?
After going on the Google machine, I discovered that ‘liebster’ means “dear, beloved person, liked very much”. The Liebster Award was created for bloggers, by bloggers. It gives newer bloggers an opportunity to connect with other bloggers and promote their site as well as networking.
There are just a few simple rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog in your Liebster Award post.
2. Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge into your post.
3. Answer the 10 questions you were given when you were nominated.
4. Come up with 10 questions you would like to ask of your nominees.
5. Nominate 5-10 newbie bloggers, by commenting on one of their blog posts with a link to your Liebster Award post.
Here are the questions Tess asked me in her nomination:
1. Which cartoon character do you most resemble and why? Uh, not sure. Maybe Lois from Family Guy??
2. What is your least favorite word in the English language and why? “Panties” because it sounds stupid. Lol.
3. What’s your best advice for new bloggers? Network, network, network.
4. If you could have any super power, what would it be? The power to eat whatever I want with no consequences.
5. You’re stranded on a desert island with three things you currently own and a famous person. Who and what? My iphone, Corona and a beach chair. My husband (he’s not famous, but I think he’s pretty swell).
6. Name one achievable goal for 2016 regarding your blog. To use Periscope.
7. The Kardashians: Your thoughts in twenty words or less. Famous for doing absolutely nothing, and terrible role models for young women.
8. What’s your favorite blogging topic? DIY.
9. Share a link with us to your favorite post you’ve written. How to Make Cozy Sweater Pillows
10. Does your “real life” (family, friends, work) know about your blog? Yes, I have friends that follow the blog, but I think very few of my family actually read it or know what a blog actually is. Lol.
For my nominations to the Liebster Award, I’ve decided to choose 5 blogs that are outside of my niche (DIY, Home Decor), in order to further broaden my network of bloggers and it’s always fun to learn new things. Here’s to the Nominees:
Lulu’s Musings – Lifestyle Blog
The Ink-Stained Wretch – Serial Fiction Blog
Writing While Introverted– Lifestyle Blog
The Biveros Effect – Travel Blog
Heather Carey – Food/Nutrition Blog
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES (if they choose to accept):
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What is your favorite movie?
3. Where was your last, best vacation?
4. Who is your favorite author and why?
5. What is your most prized possession?
6. Cat or Dog?
7. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
8. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
9. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
10. What is your favorite post that you’ve written? (Please provide link!)
That’s it for today. I’ll be back again soon 🙂