Wow!!! I can’t believe we are already on Week 4 of my Girls Bedroom Makeover for the One Room Challenge. It’s crazy, and although it’s been really busy, I’ve enjoyed getting all the little projects out of the way and my daughter’s bedroom is nearly finished. Although I’m pleased with the progress, I do have to confess that I haven’t been able to finish all the projects I had wanted. If only I didn’t need to sleep….I could get So. Much. Done! Lol.
**This post does contain affiliate links, which helps support this blog**
Once again, I’d like to say a huge Thank You to Linda from Calling it Home for hosting this awesome event. Click HERE to see hundreds of other rooms being transformed by other bloggers, along with the 20 featured designer’s rooms.
Here is what I’ve completed so far in the room:
Paint the room white Install wallpaper Build a custom bed Build a custom headboard Create custom buttons out of cardboard Paint mid-century dresser a fun colour Add decorative accents Install curtain rod Paint closet door Bought a night stand
And here’s what I still have left to do:
- Add moldings to the closet door
- Create faux fiddle fig plant
- Sew accent pillows
- Upholster bench with tufted buttons
- Complete art display wall with corkboard
- Sew curtains
- Paint night stand
Can we talk about this comforter for just a sec??? I LOVE it. It’s so fun, and the colours just pop! This pattern was the inspiration for the whole room and I also apparently cannot stop taking pictures of it either…
How cute is this little sign I found at a thrift store? It’s even in the perfect mint and coral colour scheme.
My husband found this elephant on amazon for a steal, and he bought it for me for Christmas knowing I could do something fun with it. Well, I decided to paint it coral and hung it above my daughter’s bed.
Another project I was able to check off my list was completing this dresser transformation. I picked this up almost ten years ago for $10! It used to be painted a lime green colour, but I matched the pinky coral tone in the floral fabric to a paint colour and went to town.
This arrow artwork was a project I had completed awhile back and I simply added it to the new space since the colours were close enough to coordinate.
It’s nearly finished and I’m so happy with it so far. I’m not going to lie, I was a bit skeptical last week about the dark coloured headboard, but seeing all the decorative accents work their way into the room has made my girls bedroom makeover all come together. See you next time my friends,